Oxford Philatelic Society
Come visit and be a stranger only once!
Where It All Started
2018 Fall Schedule
68th Annual OXPEX
Why Not Exhibit
Friends in Other Clubs
Upcoming Club Events
Evaluate your Collection
My Favourite Stamps
1. Make a page of your favorite 10-20 stamps
2. Include any philatelic information that is available to you
The pages will be judged by club members on November 14
4. There will be two classes for the purpose of judging
Novice: for those that this is the 1
time a page has been put together
There will be a cash prize!!!
Newsletter Cover: Learn & Share History Corner
Using the cover in which you received the club newsletter and schedule, d
o some research on a stamp on your cover.
You can use your Unitrade catalogue or look or any other available resources.
Try to Answer some of the following questions:
1. Why was the stamp issued?
2. What does it commemorate?
3. When was it issued?
5. Who/What is pictured on the stamp?
6. Why is that important to us as Canadians?
What can you learn about the pictorial cancellation on your cover?
What does the pictorial cancellation tell you about the city/town/village in