Oxford Philatelic Society
Come visit and be a stranger only once!
Where It All Started
68th Annual OXPEX
Why Not Exhibit
Friends in Other Clubs
Upcoming Club Events
Evaluate your Collection
Canadian Wildlife: Birds
1. Download the page template provided
2. Include any philatelic information that is available to you
3. Enter the name of each bird
4. Points Awarded: 1 point for each single space stamp and filling the name of the bird
2 bonus points for a se-tenant pair from the Birds of Canada Series 1996-1998
5 points for a bird cover
= 20 points total
Winner(s) willl be awarded an annivery stamp!
Newsletter Cover: Learn & Share History Corner
Using the cover in which you received the club newsletter and schedule, d
o some research on a stamp on your cover.
You can use your Unitrade catalogue or look or any other available resources.
Try to Answer some of the following questions:
1. Why was the stamp issued?
2. What does it commemorate?
3. When was it issued?
5. Who/What is pictured on the stamp?
6. Why is that important to us as Canadians?
What can you learn about the pictorial cancellation on your cover?
What does the pictorial cancellation tell you about the city/town/village in